One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

24 April 2011

I will be teaching a Nutrition class at CrossFit Lexington in the VERY near future!!!!

I have been learning a lot through my research and the owner at CrossFit Lexington has asked me to join with him in teaching a nutrition class for members of his gym and of course anyone interested!!! The intro classes will be held twice a month on Wednsday nights at CrossFit Lexington- 7:30 PM.
 I have never taught a class before, but I feel like I have a lot to share and I am so excited to get started. I am just a regular girl, a mom, and a nurse but  I have a passion for Nutrition, a passion to educate people on how easy it is to eat Health Everyday. I am so excited to team up with CrossFit Lexington, a gym I am a member of and whole heartedly believe in, to bring my passion to life!!!
We will be offering Introduction to Nutrition classes, as well as more indepth weekly classes that will include FIELD TRIPS to restaurants as well as grocery stores!  We will also offer one on one sessions for those who need a little more help, or may have a health issue that needs special nutritonally tweeking.
I will be running a blog- http://www.purelypaleoblog.com/ that all members will have access to- here will be tips, tricks, and everyday recipes. I will post recipes, with shopping lists each week, and more indepth tips each day. You would  also have access to my EVERYDAY PURELY PALEO pantry staples, as well as snack suggestions, how to feed your kids, and more. For now this will be a private blog available only to people who come for classes or one on one training.
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly