One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

07 September 2011

Its been a long time.... Whats for Dinner?

I have not updated this blog in a long time. We have had a busy and crazy Summer. It was a total blast, but now its time to get back to real life. Planning meals, eating right.  I have to confess we did get off track this summer. We remained gluten free of course, but way to many carbs in the form of rice, rice pastas, corn tortillas, corn chips, etc..., etc..., etc... NOT GOOD.
Of course what happened is I GAINED WEIGHT. Paleo eating in not a diet, but if you follow it strictly you will loose weight, or maintain if you are not in need of loosing. Fat plus carbs- not a good plan....
I am back to planning out meals,  cooking almost soley at home, and getting this household back in order. I hate to report we slacked off, but I want to be real. Life is sometimes a rollercoaster, and eating right, well we are human and we fail. We just have to pick ourselfs up by the our boot straps and start again. Each day is a new day!!!!!!

My menu for the next two weeks:
Fajita night with fresh salsa, served on lettuce leaves for me, on corn tortillas for my family
Spagetti with meat sauce (gluten free of course). Served over broccoli and cauliflower mix.
Stew with Mushroom Soup mix (gf), served like a soup rather than over noodles or rice
BBQ on the smoker, coleslaw homemade
London Broil marinated, veggies
Beef Chuck roast with sweet potatoes and onions and carrots, side salad
Sweet Tea Chicken, sweet potato fries for family, Salad for me
Stewed Chicken with tomatoes, Served with a veggie
Pork Roast with Root veggies
Chicken Wings, Marinated and Grilled, Served with veggies
Spagetti pie, made with spagetti squash and ricotta cheese
Chicken Caesar Salad
Sausages with green Peppers and Onions, and sweet peppers

My breakfasts are 2 eggs,  a little cheese, and sausage or bacon made into a quick omelet most days, and coffee with cream of course....
My lunches have mainly been leftovers, or hot dogs (sulfate fee)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly