One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

24 December 2011

The Greatest GIFT ever given

Its Christmas Eve as I write this.. Ginger Cookies, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Pumpkin bread all made. Check.

Spinach Dip ready to go in the oven tomorrow. Check.
I think I am organized and ready to go.
This year Christmas is on a SUNDAY!
I wish Christmas could always be on Sunday, on the Lord's Day. Seems Fitting to me!
I love that so many will be spending some time tomorrow worshiping our Lord Jesus-
THE GREATEST GIFT EVER GIVEN TO US!!!
Its not all about the presents, and how good my food is, or isn't. The focus needs to be on CHRIST- Christmas is the celebration of the baby JESUS! It is easy in this commercialized world for me to almost forget at times, IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW GOOD IT ALL IS. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PRESENTS! The key to Christmas is that the greatest gift ever has already been payed for and delivered to us. 
Christ Jesus was born, died for our sins on the Cross,was buried and ROSE again, that I may have eternal life. 
There is nothing more special, nothing more essential, nothing compares...NOT A THING.
This is why I wish every Christmas was on a Sunday, to really Remind ME, and everyone what its all really about! I wish we had a church service each Christmas Day at least.
I hope that this year we are able to really share and emphasise with our kids this MESSAGE. Yes, we do Santa. Yes, we do presents, Yes Mommy makes tons of yummy food. But why??? TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST JESUS. Its not about them, or me, its about HIM.


So back to FOOD, what am I serving this year?
Its just came together, some are old favs, some are new thoughts I wanted to try....
Christmas Menu 2011
Ginger cookies for Santa/ carrots for the reindeer
Christmas Breakfast-
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Christmas Day snacks

Hot Spinach/Artichoke dip
GF Sausage Balls
Cheese/ Meats Platter


Cut up fresh veggies for dipping
Wassil for sipping
Christmas DINNER-
GF Beer and Honey Glazed Lamb Shank
Prime Rib
Sweet Potatoe/Potatoe Au Gratin with Truffles
Daddy's Green beans
Pineapple Casserole
Gluten Free Homemade Rolls
Dessert-

Ginger Cookies-- ( to tell the truth I was going for gingersnaps...the end product is not a ginger snap, but it is a darn good cookie!!!)
Pumpkin Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly