One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

17 February 2012

HEARTS GONE CRAZY....my valentine to my kiddos

So I wanted to Make Valentines Day special and fun for the kiddos. without all the sugar...so I set out to make Fun Foods, and well I went a little HEART crazy!!!!
Ok, I have to admit it is a little sugar heavy compared to most of our days...but I think compared to the crazy sugar highs out there on V-Day, well I think we did ok...
For breakfast we had gluten free waffles with a heart cut out of them- So egg in a whole! (Plus we don't do waffles often, so that in itself was very exciting for them...and I cut out a big piece of it...so less of it even!)


and of course, what is breakfast in our house without Bacon... SO HEART bacon!
and on to lunches:
Heart shaped meats, Heart Cheese, Heart Carrots, Heart Apple and Fruits, and if thats not enough...yes I did sprinkle a few heart sprinkles on the fruit, and served it up with some whole milk yogurt with strawberries pureed in it to make it Pink!!!!--- HEARTS gone crazy ya'll!

Of course, we had one meal left... what to do for dinner???? 
HEART shrimp and HEART french fries of course!


couldn't resist adding this pic!!!
and for dessert...Chocolate Banana Bread... I mixed it with strawberries and whipped cream!- Yummy, and again....I used very little banana bread per kid...the strawberries and whipped cream were of course heart shaped (missed a pic somehow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly