One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

19 March 2012

Zucchini Success!!!!!

Zucchini and my family have never been the best of friends!!!! I love it, and I keep trying....and trying....and trying!!!! I have gotten some OK's, some I can eat it I guess, some thumbs downs...
Tonight I got:
 THIS IS SO GREAT!-daughter
You could make these for a game night!-husband ( the hardest to please)
These are yummy momma!! -son
(disclamer--the other kiddo, not so much- but he only likes things when he is in the mood in my defense!!)


My family went crazy for these. I thought they were good, and I had high hopes. But I was floored!!! I didn't even get pics before they dug into it! My husband ate like 6 fritters. They did break out the marinara to dip them in. I had not thought of that but they were great with marinara!!! and the leftovers-- can you guess? Re-fried with a poached egg on top for breakfast!!!!!!






Zucchini/Carrot Fritters
2 shredded zucchini
3 shredded carrots
2 eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (GF- I used cornbread based)
2 cups cheese ( I used colby jack, next time parm..)
1 T seasoning ( any kind-italian maybe? I used a russian mix this time)
MIX well and form into patties.
Fry in Coconut Oil.



                                               YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! hope ya'll enjoy.
  • I think I might leave out the breadcrumbs next time, I think they would still stay together with the cheese!
  • there are so many ways you could go with this- different seasoning, add diff shredded veggies, I am so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly