One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

28 January 2012

My new FAV Cookbook- a review

 

I have to say, this is my Favorite cookbook I have see in a LONG LONG LONG time!
If you are looking for a time saving, while still super healthy way to eat- LOOK NO FURTHER!
The author, Melissa Joulwan, has set up this book masterfully.... She teaches you to do a weekly cook-up, and not a slave in the kitchen all day one, this is prep that you can get done in an hour or two at most if you are a slow poke! GENIUS!!!!
Everything in here is Grain, Sugar, Legume, and Dairy Free!!!!!-- but you would not know it to look at any recipe or try anyone of them... If you eat grains or legumes or dairy it would be easy to add them in to some of these recipes, but why bother? This book is amazing.

I have bought up pretty much every Paleo recipe book out there, and a handful that are atleast Gluten FREE...
Some have been good, some not so good, but none that got me excited. This one got me excited ya'll!!! I have actually kept in on me (in my purse) everywhere I went this week, just to read it, look at the pics, and read it again.
I am not gonna share any recipes from her book, because its not that pricey and everyone, whether you are GF or not should GO BUY THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!!
Here is a link:Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan
This is what I am making for my family this week almost exclusively with ideas from this book:

DINNERS FOR THE WEEK
Sunday-               Chinese ground beef “hot plate” with bok choy/scallions/ fried cauliflower rice
Monday-             Chicken “Hot Plate”,  Jicama Home Fries, Frozen Veg
Tuesday               Meatballs with Spaghetti  Squash
Wednesday         Grilled Chicken “Hot Plate” Indian style, cauliflower        
Thurs                   Italian Ground Beef “hot plate” red/green peppers, tomato
Friday                  out to dinner    
Saturday              Stir Fry Chicken and Broccoli/red peppers/cabbage, fried rice
Sunday                Sweet Potato Shepards Pie , side salad
BREAKFASTS
Scotch Eggs, Omelets with Bacon or Country Ham, Yogurt and Berries
LUNCHES
Egg drop soup ( made from the chicken stock I am making on Sunday)
Chicken Soup ( again from my Sunday broth)
Deconstructed Hamburger  Salad
Asian Chicken Salad
leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly