One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

15 January 2013

Blue Cheese Coleslaw

 SO I am really focusing on lowering my carb intake, and upping my veggie intake.....

I love to make coleslaw mixes, often with added protein such as shredded chicken....
Often my coleslaw mixes are mayo free, more focused on the vinegar...often asian...

This week I felt like making one with blue cheese...It turned out so well. My husband says it is the best yet.
It got eaten so fast there is no pics...but I am posting anyways so I will remember my recipe.

Blue Cheese Coleslaw
1 bag per-shredded coleslaw mix ( or shred your own- I do both, depends on week)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (home made is best,no harmful oils)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 T buttermilk ranch spices (I use Penzey's)
3 T dill pickle relish
1T gentle sweet (or more to taste)- or any sweetner of choice
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Mix all together well. Let sit up in fridge for atleast a couple hours, overnight is even better!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly