One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Keto is just now becoming more known.
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Gluten Free and Keto Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

24 July 2018

My latest obsession- The Ever Versatile Egg.

Between Pintrest and just my own ideas, well all I seem to think about making revolves around EGGS. And then yesterday my favorite magazine, Bon Appetit came, and you guessed it- A WHOLE SECTION DEVOTED TO EGGS!
Maybe with Easter coming eggs are just out there more???? I don't know but I have a running list of things to try. I think I may eat some form of egg for breakfast or lunch every day for the next long while....the possibilities!!!!!!!!!
For lunch today I made this:
Can I just say, YUMMY, YUMMY, OOEEY, GOOEY, RUNNY - is it time to eat again yet??

 OOEYYY,
 RUNNY
 YUMMINESS!!!!
 Warm Spinach and Bacon Salad with Poached Eggs
2 handfuls spinach
2 or 3 pieces bacon, cut into pieces and fried
2 poached eggs
1. Fry bacon, add spinach and let it wilt down in the bacon fat. Set side.
2. Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar, a good one.
3. Add poached eggs on top!!!






more to come as I explore the EGG!!!

  ---and if you are interested, click here to learn how to poach the perfect egg... I learned this from Bon Appetit, have tried it and finally, beautiful oval shaped perfect poached eggs!
(DISCLAIMER--- My husband has always been the better scrambled and omelet man!!!- I will perfect this to one day!!! He also does a better pancake than me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly